Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm Not A Mindreader!

Gahh I had such a bad day at work! I really need to vent right now, so here I go...

So this woman comes up to the service desk with two Sterilite storage containers. She pushes them towards me across the desk and says, "One of these is broken and the other one is the wrong size. I got the wrong lids for them anyways." And so she proceeds to hand me her receipt. I, naturally, assume she wants a refund. 

Ok, I am NOT a mindreader people. I go through the entire transaction, I tell her whatever amount of money it was is going back to her Visa, and hand her the receipt back. She doesn't take it back and just stares at me. Actually, its more like a nasty glare but whatever, I won't get into that now.

Anyways, she goes on to tell me, "I did not want a return. I wanted to do an exchange. You never asked me what I wanted to do." Okay, lady, how the hell am I suppose to know this? You watched me do the entire transaction! You couldn't have said anything then? Oh noooo....lets just yell at me afterwards! 

Ok, so trying to stay calm, I say, "Okay, I'll void this and hold these up here for you and you can get the ones you want." And she huffs away.

This mean old hag then returns about a half hour later with two different storage containers that happen to be a dollar more. So when I tell her that she's going to owe $2 then, she snaps on me again.

"I thought they were the same! Where can I find the ones that I got before?"

I try to calmly tell her that I can have somebody help her over by the storage containers but I guess she just got really fed up since she slammed the new ones she just got off the shelf down on the desk and exclaimed, "Fine! I don't want these! Or this lamp either. I'm just going to leave these here and you can take care of them. Just return them."

Ahhhhh that's what I did in the first place!!! Okay, fine. I was breathing very heavily through my nose right now, using all my self-control not to climb across the counter and strangle this bitch. So I returned the storage containers back to her credit card. She then proceeds to tell me, "And I need a raincheck!"

Okay, okay lady. Take a chill pill first of all. And then tell me what item you need a raincheck for. Once again, I am not a mindreader! She then throws a little raincheck stub at me that we scan to then print the raincheck. I go through all of this and give her the raincheck and go through my usual speech of, "This will reserve your sale price for 45 days, yadda yadda yadda" and she just stares at me again.

"How am I suppose to know when this item is in?" She now demands.

Okay, it is NOT my responsibility to call people when items are in. Nor is it my responsibility to make sure sale items are in stock. This is not my fault! I tell her that she's just going to have to come back and check in for the item or call the store. 

And this is where it gets nasty. "You know, you have not been helpful at all. What is your name?"

Even though I have a big ol' name tag displaying my name for the whole world to see, this moron makes me say it out loud. "Great, I will be reporting you to your manager. I am not satisfied and you were not helpful."

Great, so now the bitch is telling on me. Thanks lady. I don't come to your place of employment and bitch and moan about stupid little things I have no control over. Hah. I don't even care. Tell away. 

But anyways, I just shrug at her and say a pretty sarcastic sounding, "Sorry." She then says, "I'm going to accept that as an apology." And then stalks away. I was so NOT apologizing to you bitch. I probably would never apologize to you, even if you threatened my life. You do not deserve my time. I was literally biting my tongue towards the end there so I wouldn't snap completely. 

Meanwhile, my manager was standing there the whole time and he was trying so hard not to laugh. He knows I can have temper issues with the nasty guests. But at least he told me not to worry about it. I know I don't have to, its just so frustrating when people take you for granted! Sorry this is so long by the way, but I really just needed to get my frustrations out. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my lord....wow....that lady deserves to have a picture of her placed on the door outside with "BITCH" placed underneath LOL! Why are people so dang rude to others?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i know right? and she called after i left yesterday apparently and complained big time to my manager. good thing he knew the truth though and didn't really pay much attention to her :) thanks for reading this by the way! i really needed to vent lol

    ReplyDelete